These reusable 100% natural bags are biodegradable, ethically sourced, eco friendly, long lasting. They are a sustainable alternative to plastic and most other Green or Eco type bags available in the market that are made of PP (Polypropylene a Petrochemical By product) and not biodegradable.
Jute is one of the strongest natural plant fibers. Jute is a long, soft, shiny plant fiber that can be spun into coarse, strong threads. It’s the second most important vegetable fiber after cotton on terms of usage, global consumption, production and availability. Fabrics made of jute fibers are carbon-dioxide neutral and naturally decomposable. It’s an extremely eco-friendly textile.
Some Facts About Jute:
- Bio-degradable jute deteriorates organically, replenishing the earth with productive invaluable nutrients.
- Abundant availability – a renewable and sustainable resource
- Durable material – has the life span of over a thousand plastic bags
- Jute is a natural Bast fibre, a vegetable fibre composed of cellulose which is the main building material of all plants, like all natural fibers jute is totally biodegradable. Bast fiber grows the entire length of the plant stalk from roots to tip. Groups of fibers are contained in the pithy layer between the thin outer bark and the woody core.
- When discarded, jute totally decomposes putting valuable nutrients back into the soil.
- Environmentally friendly – non pollutant produces non toxic gases or harmful gases by product.
- Jute industry supports an estimated 5 million people in the poorest regions on earth.
- One hectare of Jute plants consumes over 15 tonnes of CO2, several times higher than trees.